- Plan ahead
- Knit from stash where possible – Although I’m allowing additional purchases if necessary to the project, or if something else specific shows up, i.e. where I see something I *have* to knit and just buy the yarn for that.
- Get the stash (yarn and fibre) down to a comfortable level – I have no idea what that level is, just that I’m not there at the moment.
- Try and knit from patterns already purchased (or free!) – My Ravelry library is extensive, and I’ve been lucky with the free pattern codes this holiday, I have no excuse.
- Spin more – Far easier now I have the wheel.
- Knit with the handspun from resolution #5 – Should be made easier if I have an idea of what I’m knitting and what is needed – see #4.
- Try and design more patterns – I have many ideas, I just need to get on with it.
- Try and actually publish my own patterns – see notes accompanying #7.
- Stay organised – in terms of stash, equipments, notes etc – Should be straightforward, my office is better organised and I like sorting things.
- Try and take better photographs – More on this later.
- Keep blogging – Speaks for itself really…
I’m not entirely convinced I managed to follow many of these. #1 I planned, but didn’t really follow it. #2-3 I bought more stash. #4 I bought more patterns. #5 Barring the Tour de Fleece I didn’t spin as much as I wanted. #6 Did I knit anything with handspun? #7-8 Actually managed to publish 5 patterns so that is good. #9 I moved partway through 2013…this equals chaos. #10 Some are better than others. #11 No-one mention the months without posting… ok?
2014 has to be better, right?
So 2014 plans:
- Use stash – spin, knit, weave, crochet, whatever, but use the stash! Heaven knows it is big enough.
- Limit purchases to what I need to finish projects, if I cannot get anything to work from stash.
- Spin, spin, spin. (And card, card, card… guess who got a drum carder for my Birthday!)
- Keep things tidy. The BF likes it when the flat isn’t covered in fluff.
- Keep designing.
- Keep blogging.
See much simpler. Now lets see if I can stick with it.