See I’m being pro-active and actually blogging properly again. And finishing up my summary of the 2012 finished objects is probably a good start. I finished the Wanderlust mittens back before Christmas and just haven’t got around to getting a picture of them until now.
They’re very cosy!
I included a few modifications to suit my needs:
- Cast on 66 stitches rather than 86 (only 3 cable repeats).
- Used knitted cast on for thumb hole (turned work to RS to do this).
- Inserted last cable on row 13 of the repeat rather than 15 as was unsure of yardage left (there was enough in the end).
- Moved thumb hole to opposite end so that seam was placed over the palm rather than the back of the hand.
- Did not cast off but instead just grafted stitches to the cast on edge. (Could have used a provisional cast on but figured this was easier – it was).