I’m not one for making resolutions, or to be more honest I like the idea of them, just not the actual practice of carrying them out. Last January I posted on one of the stash down forums on Ravelry which was discussing the idea of 12 12’s in 2012.
These were the aims:
- 12 Sweaters, Cardigans, Tops
- 12 Socks (6 pairs)
- 12 Mittens, Gloves (6 Pairs)
- 12 WIPs or Queue Items
- 12 Favourites
- 12 Scarves, Cowls, Shawls
- 12 Hexipuffs per month (12 x 12)
- 12 Techniques (New and Previously Used)
- 12 Seasonal Decorations
- 12 Wildcards
- 12,000 Yards Knitted
- 12 Months Keeping my Knitting Stuff Organised
I think I can safely say that all of these probably didn’t happen. I need to actually review what I knitted last year and match it up to the list – I’ll post on that later. But really – it won’t have happened. Some categories will be complete, others will be half done, some will not be done at all and others will probably have been forgotten. Although with my memory for these things, I may surprise myself.
So this year I’m considering things a little differently. Less limitations, more flexibility and no categories.
So for 2013:
- Plan ahead
- Knit from stash where possible – Although I’m allowing additional purchases if necessary to the project, or if something else specific shows up, i.e. where I see something I *have* to knit and just buy the yarn for that.
- Get the stash (yarn and fibre) down to a comfortable level – I have no idea what that level is, just that I’m not there at the moment.
- Try and knit from patterns already purchased (or free!) – My Ravelry library is extensive, and I’ve been lucky with the free pattern codes this holiday, I have no excuse.
- Spin more – Far easier now I have the wheel.
- Knit with the handspun from resolution #5 – Should be made easier if I have an idea of what I’m knitting and what is needed – see #4.
- Try and design more patterns – I have many ideas, I just need to get on with it.
- Try and actually publish my own patterns – see notes accompanying #7.
- Stay organised – in terms of stash, equipments, notes etc – Should be straightforward, my office is better organsing and I like sorting things.
- Try and take better photographs – More on this later.
- Keep blogging – Speaks for itself really…
I think this should work; I’m already working on #1…